We are going to have a nutrition seminar this Saturday at 10:00am at the gym. We will address the quality and quantities of food consumption, strategies for success, and guidelines for our new challenge. Come in and get your sweat-on at the 8 or 9am class, bring a post-WOD snack, and then stay for some quality knowledge. Please bring friends, co-workers and family!
Thanks to the inspiration of Mr. Scott Bergeron, many people have expressed interest in starting another nutrition challenge. Thus, on Monday May 2nd, we will start a 12-week Paleo/Zone challenge for everyone to participate in. We really would like everyone to join in!
Guidelines for the 12-week Paleo/Zone Challenge
- We want everyone to be involved in this potentially life-changing opportunity. Before you commit to this challenge, we would like you to write an essay about how and why you want to do this. This essay include:
- Why you want to do this (mental/physical health, get off medications, family history of illness/cancer, gain more energy, improve your performance, inspire others, etc)
- How you will succeed during these 12-weeks (Cook lunches on Sundays, grocery shop 2 times/week, make others know not to tempt you, etc)
- What problems you expect to encounter (weaknesses, cravings, traveling, parties, eating out, etc) and strategies for eliminating these.
- How your family members, loved ones, co-workers, and friends will be involved during these 12 weeks.
- Describe how frequently you plan to workout during these 12 weeks and outline your physical and body compositional goals/expectations (drop 30lbs of body fat, increase your 1RM deadlift by 10%, decrease your “Fran” time, etc)
- Essay is due MONDAY May 2nd by 7pm via hard-copy or email.
- Must keep a food log throughout the 12 week challenge and show your coaches weekly.
- Strictly weigh and measure your food for 4 weeks.
- Cheat meals/cheat days
- Zero for the first 4 weeks.
- Weigh-in every two weeks with a coach at Alpine.
- $50 deposit
- Will be 100% returned at the conclusion of the 12 weeks
- If you completely “fall off the wagon,” then this will be donated to the Alpine CrossFit equipment fund.
- You are “falling off of the wagon” if you do not bring in your completed food log once every week.