Quick recap of our 2015 Meet along with what I added from last year HERE.
- Once again, our volunteers were incredible. Y’all are STUDS!! The event cannot happen without you. Shout out to a strong rep and work ethic by the 5:30am crew & our bar loaders – third consecutive year of no bar misloading….I even saw a couple misloads at the American Open this year. Props crew.
- This event has become a testament that people are getting strong and that CrossFitters are are becoming more competitive in the sport of Weightlifting. I announced this during Session #4 – in 2011 & 2012 combined we had five Men’s Clean & Jerk attempts over 300lbs/137kg. This past Saturday, we probably had 25+ attempts. Incredible! I don’t know the Women’s numbers off the top of my head but I would expect a similar increase above 75-80kg from 2012-2015, for example.
- The Women were so close to out numbering the Men this year (26:30) which is AWESOME.
- This was the first year our meet did not overlap with the American Open. We plan to keep it that way for future years. We had three athletes that I know of (Devoney Cooke, Stephen Butcher, Tommy Flanagan) who competed last week at the AO and also at our event. There were also another 5 lifters at the 2015 meet who are AO caliber and I would expect to qualify in 2016. Go get those USAW memberships, ladies & gents!!
- We welcomed back our 2013 champion and professional NPGL athlete, Jared Enderton, who put on a National/World Class performance in Session #4. Such a great show for everyone!! Thank you again for lifting with us, Jared.
- Oh and by request of Stephen & Jared, we broke the approach-the-bar-pin-drop-silence with some soooothing Metalica. We may play some music in the background for future years too (by athlete request).
- And Jen Stack, you’re absolutely the funniest person every person at the meet has ever met. Period. =)
Thank you again everyone for your support of this event. We appreciate you and see you in 2016!!
Workout of the Day
1×3 @ 70%
1×3 @ 80%
1×3+ @ 90% *The final set is a max effort set at 90% of your working 1RM Back Squat. then, For Time:
7 Muscle-ups (14 strict pull-ups)
14 Handstand Push-ups (sub 4 wall walks)
21 Lateral Barbell Hops (over & back = 1 rep)
28 Shoulders to Overhead 135/95
21 Lateral Barbell Hops
14 Handstand Push-ups
7 Muscle-ups Post your scores to .