TODAY IS THE DAY!! WHAT YOU’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE FIRST WORKOUT OF THE 2017 CROSSFIT OPEN WILL BE AT 6PM.
So just a reminder that we will be having a watch party tonight in the weightlifting room at 6pm. This is a time to get together and watch top CrossFit Athletes do 17.1 as it will be streamed online and we will have it playing on the big screen. You can get together with your training partners and practice some of the movements announced and come up with some strategies.
Some info on Friday Night Lights here at Alpine CrossFit:
When you come in Friday evening you will need to take a few steps to get prepared,
1. Go directly to the White Board at the front of the room and write your name in a time slot. (give yourself enough time to warmup and mobilize) Dont show up at 4:35 and sign up for the 4:40 heat, duh.
2. Find someone who can judge you and write their name with yours
3. Go in the weightlifting room and check the white board for the suggested warmup and mobility. Coach will run you through the warmup and help you with practicing the movements that are in the WOD.
4. Go back to main room when its your time and get with your judge and make sure you have your score sheet for your judge.
5. CRUSH 17.1
6. Stay after and enjoy some food and drinks and cheer everyone else on!!
**Don’t forget to submit your score online to your profile on the Games Site NO LATER THAN MONDAY 6PM!!
Workout of the Day:
Five sets of:
Unsupported Seated Strict Press x 3-4 reps
(sit on a bench without back support and press the barbell from shoulder to overhead)
Rest 2-3 minutes
*last performed on 2-14-2017
15 Minute E.M.O.M. (5 sets of each, one movement per minute)
Turkish getups x2 Each arm
Air Assault :20 seconds for max calories
Barbell Good mornings 95/65 lb x8
**Score is total number of Calories on Air Assault bike over 5 rounds