Plow to Straddle Family Style! Bench Press 1-1-1-1-1 Let’s Find your 1 Rep Max to add to your other lifts!! Then: 5 RFT: 10 Burpees 200m Run Setting Up for the Bench Press.– Lie down on the bench and align yourself till the bar is around your eye level.
- This allows you to take the bar off and not hit any part of the bench when you perform the movement.
- This allows you to use your legs to help drive more force into the movement as well as contract the glutes and hamstrings to help stabilize your entire body during the movement.
- However, a level of mobility and flexibility in the lower body are required. Particularly, in the calf muscles, the hip flexors and the quads to allow you to adopt a good set up position for the lower body.
- This should allow you to have your hands directly above your elbows when the bar is lowered down a spot between the middle and bottom of your breast bone.
- This also allows you to keep the elbows in and utilize the triceps better when benching, reduce stress on the shoulders and also allow the use of your lats for stabilization during the movement.
- This helps with stabilizing your upper body when performing the movement.
- This also decreases the distance the bar has to travel during the movement, allowing you to transfer more energy into the movement.
- These 6 points are 2 shoulder blades, 2 glutes and 2 feet.
- With them, it gives you stability while performing the movement, and fully utilizing your body to exert as much force as you can throughout.