Romanian Deadlifts 5×5 Work up to a weight you can perform 5 reps perfect form without ANY rounding of back! Listen to your coach. Better to use lighter weights with perfect movement patterns.
ExecutionTake a deep breathe and start lower the bar by leaning the torso forward at the waist and pushing with the hips way back. Continue to lowering the bar until you feel a good stretch in your hamstrings. Then carefully change the direction of the movement and bring the bar up by driving the hips forward and straightening your torso to the upright position.
- – If you have problems with your grip use a mixed grip
- – Keep the bar as close to your body as possible during the movement to improve mechanical leverage and protect your lower back from injury.
- – Maintain a straight back and keep your chest up during the movement.
- – Keep your head in one line with your spine as you perform the exercise.
- – Your knees must be slightly bend (about 15-20 degrees knee flexion) during the movement.
- – Keep your arms straight and don’t flex your elbows.
- – Don’t raise your shoulders up during the movement.
- – If you are new at this exercise give your self enough time to learn the right form and work on your hamstrings and glutes flexibility.